Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Enza Prosecco

I'm back! Did you miss me? Or rather: did you notice that I didn't publish a blog last week? Well if you didn't, shame on you, 'cause I noticed, and I missed me, damnit! And I think this is a good time to announce that, due to my ever-changing schedule, I'm going to move my blogging adventures to Wednesdays at whatever-time-I-get-around-to-it. I hope you find these changes agreeable. :)

We're SUPER excited!
This week, in preparation for Valentine's Day, I'm presenting to you with a nice bubbly that you just might wanna include in the romantic evening I'm sure you have planned for next Thursday: Enza Prosecco. On V Day, I myself will be schlepping it to Personal Wine Cellar, where we'll be having a totally free, baller tasting event from 5:00-7:30. So if you're really into Valentine's Day, come share some wine and goodies with your special someone. If you hate Valentine's Day...just come have a drink and eat some chocolate; you'll feel better for it. The point is: you should come!

Anyway, back to the Enza: if you are even an occasional reader of the CWT blog, you probably know that I am a fan of Prosecco-- particularly Riondo Prosecco. The Enza is a little different, but still a nice wine. It's clean and clear, with no obvious scents or flavors when you first smell and taste it, and nothing that lingers long after your sip. For this reason, it's good with a meal. Or chocolates. Or chocolates as a meal.

The Enza is "off-brut"-- not entirely dry, but not super sweet either. This is a small bubble sparkler with a thick head, so if you or your honey are predominately beer drinkers, this is a good sparkling wine to start out with. Light, crisp and refreshing, this wine is best served cold and would feel right at home with you soaking up sun at the beach. With a forecast of a foot of snow predicted for this weekend, I kinda wish the beach was where I was headed. I guess one can dream...

Yep, there. 

Price: $

My Rating: B


No comments:

Post a Comment