Monday, May 5, 2014

Josh Cellars Sauvignon Blanc

If Spring ever decides to show up, I have a great wine for you if you like to sip outdoors. Josh Cellars is the "bold and expressive, but unassuming and approachable"  (read: less expensive) offering from Joseph Carr, the maker of my second favorite Cabernet (and with local ties, too!). There are many varietals, and all of the ones I have sampled are, of course, seriously DELICIOUS. Yup. Today though, in hopes of temping Mother Nature into giving us a little sunshine and maybe letting the grass get a little green for f**ks sake, I am going to tell you about my adventures with Josh Cellars Sauvignon Blanc.

This. This is extent of my sense
of adventure at the moment.
Okay, adventurous is a heavy handed term, but you've gotta understand that I have an 8 month old at home, so any day that I get an hour or two for a leisurely meal and a slow couple glasses of vino, it feels like a day that's out of the ordinary. Add to it that the wine is a really delicious one, and it's magic.

The Josh Cellars Sauv Blanc is super light and smooth, with a strong smack of citrus flavors (my palate sez predominantly grapefruit) and other fresh summertime fruits. There's also a bit of floral tones in here, that made me think, "this wine would be awesome with rosemary and olive oil triscuits and aged cheddar cheese!" Well, I was wrong. It wasn't good. Stick with a traditional recommendation of seafood and you won't be sorry.

Springtime in upstate NY...
It's great served chilled, but if you like a little less acidity to your wine, let it warm to room temp and THEN enjoy. I think it I were allowed to choose, I'd sit out on the deck with some grilled salmon and rice, a cool but not cold glass of the Josh Cellars Sauv, and some good company. Here's hoping!


Price: $

My Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment